A delicious and super easy peach cobbler recipe using canned peaches! Enjoy this delicious dessert with some vanilla ice cream as a family favorite treat!
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup (or 1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup self rising flour*
1 cup milk
1 (15 oz) can peaches
2 tsp vanilla (or vanilla extract)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
*If you do not have self-rising flour use:
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a baking dish or 9 inch square pan, cream together sugar and butter. Mix in flour and milk until smooth. Pour into the baking dish/pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together peaches (and juice), cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Pour the peach mixture into the baking dish/pan on top of the other mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.